Thursday, February 5, 2015

Terrorist

Reading Tocqueville has made me see poetry a little differently. These poems are good but they can be very confusing leaving you with your thoughts of what the poem could have meant. There was one particular poem that I liked because there was a lot of symbolism, metaphors and I like metaphors. The poem I'm talking about would be Terrorist.
This poems speaks about someone who seems to have lost his brother and plans to avenge his death. He says "rubbing the ashes of his bones unto my face I become his blue screams at birth." as if his brother was a still born and he lives through him. He goes on to say " I cleansed my body with the soap of his fat, stuffed my pillows with his shorn hair, I made dice of his molars." This is when i felt he was not talking about a actual brother. He is speaking of man in general who he may have tortured for what ever reasons he may have.
He is a terrorist to himself in remembering the bad he is trying to avenge.

1 comment:

  1. good, maybe expand a bit, say more...and remember to post every week

    ReplyDelete